thanks for a great module. I have been using it for a few months without any problems whatsoever, until today, when I tried to use reports
Here is the problem:
- I have a course which is shared between 2 teachers.
- Each teacher teaches 2 groups each.
- Teacher 1 teaches groups A and B and Teacher 2 teaches groups C and D.
- Groupings and groups are set up and it shows in the drop down box when I take the attendance.
- So, when Teacher 1 take attendance for group A, he only sees students from group A.
- Groups A, B, C and D do not have lessons on the same day
- Group A has a lesson on Monday, group B has a lesson on Tuesday, group C has a lesson on Wednesday and group D has a lesson on Thrusday. So I set up 4 sessions per week.
- So far, no problem.
- But, when attendance is taken for members of a group (say, group A), others members (even though hidden - groups B, C and D) are still "expected" to be here by the attendance module, when really they're not supposed to be here (as they don't have a lesson).
- This means that the reports are all false e.g. in a normal week, any student from group A, will have an attendance score of 25% (1 lesson/4), as the attendance module "thinks" that he/she should have attended every session for this given week (4 different sessions for 4 groups).
Or can anybody think of a workaround? The only one I've thought about so far is having "weeks" rather than actual dates, but it's a little bit of a pain to setup.
Should I add a feature request for better group support?
I hope this explanation was clear enough.
Thanks a lot,