Problem with Admin Role

Problem with Admin Role

by Jez H -
Number of replies: 3
Hello All,

I recently tried to create an "Academic Admin" which would have site wide access and be able to do anything on a course whilst being unable to edit site / server settings.

I was unable to do this as these new admin roles could not restore from backup files stored in some of the the courses, this seemed to be tied to the "do anything role".

If I de selected do anything, and enabled every other option, the user still lost the ability to restore from these files.

If I tried the other way, giving users do anything and removing some of the admin settings, do anything would (as I expected) override the "prohibit" on the other permissions.

Can anyone tell me whether they have ever been able to create such a role, i.e. can you create a role that does anything site wide except change the technical settings?

I am working with 1.9.1

Thanks, Jeremy
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jez H

Re: Problem with Admin Role

by Jakob Ackermann -
Hi Jeremy,

to allow backup/restore/import you need to set this capabilities to allow:

moodle/course:view
moodle/course:managefiles
moodle/site:backup
moodle/site:import
moodle/site:restore

I used the role Course Writer to test it. Maybe I missed some...

Be careful with "moodle/course:view". I think it will assign every course to the user.

Jakob
In reply to Jakob Ackermann

by Jez H -
Hello Jakob,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Yes, course view makes the user visible on all courses as a teacher. Do you know how to hide this role from courses, in the way admin users are hidden?

Thanks, Jeremy

In reply to Jez H

by Jakob Ackermann -
When you assign the "Academic Admin" role to the user, you have to check the hidden box. And the teacher role should not have the capability to see "hiddenassignment".

But this solution is not exactly like the admin role...