unable to upload file

unable to upload file

by Lael ... -
Number of replies: 8

Hi, installed nwiki recently.

it is really great, but when trying to upload a file, clicking upload opens the file explorer, and then the selects it, but clicking the upload button results in no action... anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Lael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lael ...

Re: unable to upload file

by Steve Wright -
Sounds familiar - will have to see if this is missing on our nWiki. We have the same when clikcing save / preview as well!

Ludo has assured me he's assigned a developer to look at this so fingers x'd it will be resolved though no answers to my queries yet...
In reply to Steve Wright

by Sally Mack -
I am having this problem also. I can upload to a wiki in one course, but cannot upload the same file to a wiki in a different course.
I get this error when I try
uplrejsect
the file is a word ocument, but the error remains even if I use a gif.
Thanks
Sally Mack
In reply to Lael ...

by Lael ... -
ok, as an update...

on our install the following occurs:
- can upload files ok in firefox
- can NOT upload files in Internet explorer
- in IE the only button to work in the edit page is the browse button, everything else does not...

Once uploaded (it did actually upload the file into the course files for me) - attach works on either (creating imagename ), however
- in IE - can see broken image icon inside box where the image should be
- in FF - see box where image should be, can not see broken image icon
- the link in IE is showing up as: http://sitename/isitename/file.php/14/moddata/wiki523/Winter.jpg
note the repetition of the domain name, with the weird 'i' at the front?

Are these the similar / same symptoms others are having? I did all this with admin account, however, found the same results when masquerading as a student account.
In reply to Lael ...

by Steve Wright -
Sounds eerily like my experience - have you tried in Safari/Opera/Chrome etc.? Seems to be a javascript error and identical to those in my prev linked thread, no development update or repair yet so we've abandoned nWiki for now and gone with OU wiki - not ideal but reliable.
In reply to Steve Wright

by Lael ... -

no, haven't tried them. Think I will go to OU wiki until 2.0. I guess then there is no upgrade path from OU to Nwiki in 2.0 though... sad

In reply to Lael ...

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi all,

I can not reproduce your error. I gonna need more clues...

It works in my local install. I'm able to upload/attach images using nwiki, HTML and ewiki editors.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Lael ... -
Hi Jordi,

it is great to hear it works on your install. Is there some information we can share about installs?

ours is OS W2k3, running Apache2.2.9, php 5.2.6, mysql...
though I am not sure what requirements there would be server side that are not generic to moodle?