Uploading of files as an assignment

Uploading of files as an assignment

by Paul Craven -
Number of replies: 3
A student uploads a file via Moodle for grading.

I'd like to download the file, edit it with comments, and upload the result for the student.

How do I do this? Under the grading tab I see there is a column for 'last modified - teacher'. But I don't know how to modify it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Craven

Re: Uploading of files as an assignment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there.Try setting it up as Advanced Uploading of files because that enables you to send files back to the student so you can correct and resend theirs. (Oh and in the gradebook - you click on 'grade' and should get a box to write your comments in and the student file and then the facility to send it back to them)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Paul Craven -
I'll give that a try, thanks.

The comment box is obvious, but then I lose the context of what the student has written. I'm using a tablet to mark up the student's word document, and want to send the marked-up file back to them.
In reply to Paul Craven

by A. T. Wyatt -
Re separated comment box: When the comment box is not sufficient, I usually put something like "see details in returned assignment" in the comment box. I don't really try to repeat everything I put into the marked up document. Sometimes I add information like "assignment turned in late" or "assignment accepted late due to excused absence." In those cases, the comments are about administrative issues rather than grading feedback. I let the returned document provide instructional feedback.

It seems to work for us!

I would say that Mary's suggestion about the type of assignment is the most practical for your situation.

atw