some problems

some problems

by Marco António -
Number of replies: 3
Hi Vasilis, excelent job!!

A new school year is beggining and i'm entusiastic about using this module with my students. Because i teach 16-18 year old students i think i'll only use crossword, cryptex and millionaire games.

After a clear installation, i begin to test crossword and millionaire games. I have 88 questions of various types in my question bank... Then, i create a crossword game and only show a image like this. Can you figure out what's the problem?

Millionaire is a wontherful game, very enthusiastic!! I have only one problem: because questions are randomly selected from question bank, some multiple-choice questions have 5 options. But in Millionaire, i can't select 5th option... How do I solve this problem?

I think a greate improvement to this module will be an option to choose subcategories from course default categorie. Some times we only want to use questions about a unit associated with a categorie in question bank.

Because in moodle 1.9 we can share questions between meta-course dependent courses, how can I create a game with this questions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco António

Re: some problems

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thank you Marco.

1. Crossword uses only questions with short answers. Maybe you have only one question of this type or you have questions with spaces (if you want spaces there is a special parameter)
2. In the new version you can have up to 26 options per question (Wait one day and download the next version).
3. You mean that you want to select one category and all the subcategories?
4. I check it.
In reply to Vasilis Daloukas

Re: some problems

by Marco António -

Vasilis, thanks for the reply.

suppose I've this categories and subcategories of questions in question bank:

fuctions
     |_ 2d
     |_ 3d
           |_ spheric
equations
     |_ 1 variable

Can I only select subcategorie "3d" (with all questions from subcategorie "spheric")?

In reply to Marco António

Re: Re: some problems

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In the new version you can select questions from subcategories of one category (Wait one day and download the next version).