Profiling at-risk students

Re: Profiling at-risk students

by Russell Waldron -
Number of replies: 0
Different topic really, but prompted by Martin's post. I wonder whether I have the wrong idea about the Learning Plan. Is it necessarily created by a site admin?

A need for student-created Learning Plans
The medical colleges in Australia expect their members (learners) to create an personal learning plan, selecting activities relevant to their particular professional practice situation and self-judged learning needs. The RACGP has theirs online and ACCRM has RRMEO. Regional training organisations for General Practice are still tediously developing theirs (e.g. GPrime). The plans and level of completion must be visible to the training provider, but maintained by the learner.

I see the same interest in self-selected Learning Plans emerging in the teaching profession (e.g. NSW Institute of Teachers), but not yet implemented in technology. The plans and level of completion must be visible to the training provider, but maintained by the learner.

In devising professional development for colleagues in an IT department, every one was different, and they were all adult learners. Learning Plans were an appropriate process for motivation and to attract funding from the organisation's training budget. The plans and level of completion must be visible to the training provider, but maintained by the learner.

Regards,

Russell