How to reset a particular user's grades in one course?

How to reset a particular user's grades in one course?

by J Rogers -
Number of replies: 2
Hello all, I am trying to determine if there is a way to reset a person's Quiz / Hot Potatoes grades and SCORM completion results if they "fail" a course so they can retake the course. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.

I should note that I have tried to unenroll / re-enroll students, but their SCORM completion data and quiz data remains. This may be a module issue or an enrollment issue, or simply a "Moodle wasn't written like that" issue.

Please contact me if you have any ideas or suggestions. I'm on a deadline and would really appreciate the help!

Jeremy
In reply to J Rogers

Re: How to reset a particular user's grades in one course?

by Brad Henry -
Jeremy,

I am in the same boat, new to Moodle and working with SCORM, reporting and grading.

I would like to see a discussion and wiki on best practices using SCORM. I have not found a good spot yet that details data using SCORM.

This has been a tough nut to crack.

Regards,

Brad

In reply to J Rogers

Re: How to reset a particular user's grades in one course?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It is an intentional feature that if you un-enrol a student, and the re-enrol them. The quiz data is preserved. (Image if the data was deleted in you un-enrolled the wrong student by mistake!)

Individual quiz attempts can be deleted if you go to the quiz results tab. You can select individual quiz attempts, and then use the delete control at the bottom of the page. I'm afraid I don't know much about the SCORM module.