Toggling off a subscribe

Toggling off a subscribe

by Shan Jayran -
Number of replies: 2
Ive searched EVERYWHERE and there's nothing I can find to opt out of receiving mail off things I opted to get. On most forums there's a box to tick or untick beside each thread you choose to track. But I cant find anything on moodle. Trouble is the only way to ask is to start another thread and get flooded with all the other stuff in this section. Sigh. Very unhappy moodle user.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shan Jayran

Re: Toggling off a subscribe

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
When viewing a course's homepage, you will find an "Activities" block on the left. Click on the "Forums" link in that block - this will take you to a page which lists all discussion forums which exist in the course, together with your subscription status (YES or NO). For all the forums to which you are subscribed and would like to unsubscribe from, click on the word "Yes" - it will toggle to "No".

One other thing - if you wouldn't like to become automatically subscribed whenever you post a discussion message, you can edit your personal profile and change the "forum auto-subscribe" setting to "No: don't automatically subscribe me to forums"

Hope this helps,
Przemek