Weekly updates

Weekly updates

Michael Deininger-mit -
Antal besvarelser: 1

I have been reading the posts, and it appears the weekly build answers my questions.  How can I safely update my installation to the current weekly build?  I would backup the files I changed and put the updates in the new files, but what is the best way to add the updated weekly files?  I have compared through Eclipse and made the changes, but still end up with 50MB files for the upload.  How can I save just the changed files and upload just those?

Thanks,
Michael

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Michael Deininger

Re: Weekly updates

Tim Hunt-mit -
Core developers-ip assinga Documentation writers-ip assinga Particularly helpful Moodlers-ip assinga Peer reviewers-ip assinga Plugin developers-ip assinga
Well, you may be able to use a more sophisticated file transfer programme for uploading the modified code, e.g. rsync. Or you might find an Eclipse synchronise plugin that does the job. Or you might want to think about using CVS to administer your site http://docs.moodle.org/en/CVS_for_Administrators.

You might also try posting this question in a more appropriate forum, go get more experienced answers.