Problems with 1.9 Install

Problems with 1.9 Install

by Evan Gillies -
Number of replies: 4
Hi there! I'm having some problems with my install, I've read a bunch of other threads but can't figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm running Moodle 1.9.1+

I just installed the Attendance module. I put attendance into blocks, and attforblock into mod. When I log in as admin I get the message 'Module "attforblock" is not readable - check permissions' and when i go to the notifications page I get 'Module attforblock: [moodle_root]/mod/attforblock/version.php was not readable'

I have changed the permissions and owner on attendance and attforblock to be consistent with the other folders. I downloaded the module from the daily builds page, version for 1.9 http://do.nspu.ru/~dlnsk/moodle/block_attendance_for_v19.zip yesterday (August 26, 2008). Any help would be appreaciated.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Evan Gillies

Re: Problems with 1.9 Install

by Evan Gillies -
well this is embarrassing. Can I delete this thread? I had two moodle folders and I was working in the wrong one blush
In reply to Evan Gillies

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hello,

Well I don't know what I've done wrong but I have the exact same error

Module attforblock: /var/www/mod/attforblock/version.php was not readable

but I don't have two folders...although that is something that I would do too wink

I checked the permissions and even tried deleting and reuploading the attforblock package but no luck.

This error occurred for me as I upgraded from 1.8.3 to the most recent version of 1.9

I have installed the Attendance package (mod & block) for 1.9

Also, if I go to Site Administration > Modules > Activities > Manage activities

In the list of modules that appear, Attendance has parentheses next to it like such:

Attendance (missing from disk)

But the package is all there...?

Jason
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Ok, now it's my turn to apologize in embarrassment blush

Somehow the permissions on the attendance folder and files was 610 instead of 755. I changed everything to 755 and the problem was solved.

Seems like everything else on my site is ok so I'm not sure how the permissions got screwed up but....?

Jason