Help with Course Content

Help with Course Content

by Samantha Ashton -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am having a few difficulties within the courses. I have made one for our student portal, and have different sections within it. I have created these different sections using the web page format. However, they appear on the front page, when I hide them, it means the student is unable to see them.

Does anyone know of a way round this?

I have found an example moodle, which shows all the content on the left etc > http://moodle.coleggwent.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=58&topic=11 Does any body know how this is achieved?

Any help will be highly appreciated

Kind Regards and thank you in advance

Samantha Bailey

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samantha Ashton

Re: Help with Course Content

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think it's possible this Moodle site is using an extra plugin http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=926
However you can get a similar effect by using an html block and making hyperlinks to courses/webpages etc. I am playing around with one of mine at the moment doing just that - screenshot attached. To get webpages visible on the front page without actually showing on the front page I made a guest access course (in our case Parents Page) and then put the webpages in an extra section of that course at the bottom and linked to them from the front page. YOu can either leave them visible or if you want a neat looking course you can make them 'unseen' - ie, dont hide them or as you've realised, it doesn't work Instead - go to your course page and set your topic number to one extra than you need. Put your webpages int there - go back and then set it to one fewer. Your webpages will still work cos they are in the system but not hidden with the shut eye. (You'll need to right click properties to get their url to link first though!) IM me if you need any further clarification.
Attachment linksredo.png
Average of ratings: Useful (3)