Enrol a User to Multiple Courses at same time?

Enrol a User to Multiple Courses at same time?

by info com -
Number of replies: 7
Hi. I cant seem to find this anywhere....

If I add a new user in Admin who needs to be enrolled on many courses, how can I add that user to those courses in one go without having to go into each course, find the user and enrol them on at a time?

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to info com

Re: Enrol a User to Multiple Courses at same time?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi user Info,
I am not sure I understand your problem. Are you talking about trying to enrol someone who has the standard role of admin in a series of courses?

Generally speaking, someone with admin rights (some who has been the role of admin) on a site can get into an course without enrolling. I believe this is also true for a course creator.

While I am still learning about enrolments, multiple entries in a flat file would place a user with a specific role in the context of a specific course. Thus you could enter the user "Info com" as an editing teacher role in each of the 42 Communications Department courses, and as a non editing teacher role in the Anthropology Department's, 3 non verbal communication courses.

Somebody can tell us if Moodle has exportable report for the site administrator that will list every course with it's id (using a query on the underlying database is not fair smile ).

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Andrés Chandía -
I've been reading this post and i'm looking for a solution to a similar problem.
- I have a course related to a second one, so what i would like is that people erolling on the first course automatically enrole on the second.

is there a way to do this, should i change configuration of the second course, like, let say, include the second course as a requirement from the the first, or the other way around...? i don't know i'm just trying to figure out how to do it, maybe the second one has to be a kind of sub-course of the first..... well, i really don't know, could you or somebody else help me in this topic.

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Andrés Chandía

by Mike Worth -
Sounds like a perfect place to use metacourses- they might look scary when you first read the docs but are really quite simple once you get your head around it.

What you'll want to do is make the overall course a metacourse and the sub-course a normal course then assign the sub-course as a child course of the overall course

Mike
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Worth

by Marcy Wrege -

can you explain this in more detail? I work at a doctors office. I would like all of our patients to be enrolled in many "courses"-about 10. There will be:

A main introductory course, followed by numerous other courses.

Every patient will have access to the same courses. Do I need to go into every class and enroll each pt to each class, or is there a way to sign them up for the one main course and they will automatically be enrolled into the many classes below it?

In reply to Marcy Wrege

by matthew Burford -
The best way to do that would be to set them up as meta courses. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Meta_course

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to matthew Burford

by Marcy Wrege -
Thanks Matthew. Looking at your link it seems like I would want to do Scenario 2. So here are some questions. In this scenario is Course Y considered the child course? It seems like it is backwards from the other scenario. When I sign a student up I would only have to sign them up for Course Y? Also, I would like for them to be set up into groups in main course. Will those groups carry over into each metacourse?
In reply to Chris Collman

by Alvin Shaffer -
I am working with a client that has a similar request (not from the admin side but the user side). He sells courses and would like his clients to be able to buy more than one course (a cart like system) and checkout all at once (enrolling all at once) instead of course by course.