Pop-up Links in Lesson Module

Pop-up Links in Lesson Module

by Kevin O'Donovan -
Number of replies: 1
I have posted a resource (Web page) on a course home page and have it set up to open in a pop-up window. I also have linked to this resource from within a Lesson. When one clicks on this resource's link in the Lesson, it opens in a pop-up (which is fine -- that's what I want it to do), but it also opens a new page that reads "This resource should appear in a popup window. If it didn't, click here: [Title of Resource]." Why does the software do that? Is there a way to have the resource open in a pop-up without opening the additional "notification"? (And, why does the pop-up link on the course home page open seamlessly -- without any notification?)

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin O'Donovan

Re: Pop-up Links in Lesson Module

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Kevin,
I will take a shot at answering the "Why" question smile

Why does that page appear. I believe the short answer is that popup is a way to deal with different browsers and different servers that are possible on a Moodle site. Sometimes a site needs to have a manual click as a Plan B to cover more obscure combinations of servers and browsers.

Are you saying the warning popup does not go away once the link is made? I don't think that happens with any of my local hosts or production sites, but I have been know to be blind at times. Did you try to duplicate it on demo.moodle.org (a handy different server) ? Or perhaps try using different browsers (IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 2, Firefox 3 or others). That might help with the troubleshooting process.

Best Chris