Inserting a Table causes editing tools to vanish off-screen

Inserting a Table causes editing tools to vanish off-screen

by Carl Pilon -
Number of replies: 1

Hello everyone,

I am an occasional and somewhat inexperienced Moodle user; as I manage a training program through which a lot of people need to register for a lot of short training sessions, a colleague suggested we use Moodle. I am quite satisfied with it and it works great. However I just ran into a glitch and I cannot find a solution.

I was editing a Topic description in a Course I created. In said topic I added a table (one row, two columns: one for English text, one for French. I'm with a Canadian Fed. gov't department wink ) under one that already included the table. Once I was done editing said table and text, I clicked on save, and here is what I got:

Table was inserted to the right instead of under, taking the tools with it.

As you can see, in Topic 2, the second table (under the heading) shows up to the right (instead of under), and the editing tools that would allow me to correct it show up off-screen. As the table is set to '100%' of width, I thought I'd just make the browser window wider, to no avail.

How do I correct this situation? I'm assuming I'd need to open the file with a text editor and edit it there, erasing the arrant table and then going back to Moodle? How do I prevent that from happening again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Carl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl Pilon

Re: Inserting a Table causes editing tools to vanish off-screen

by Michael Nieckoski -
I'm experiencing precisely the same issue - an instructor has put a table in without the close table html (that's what we think is the issue), and when displayed in the course, the table is covering the editing tools. I can't get to the editor to make any changes... any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

--mike