Questionnaire - you are not survey owner

Questionnaire - you are not survey owner

by Andy Kirk -
Number of replies: 14
Hi,
having set up a questionnaire in 1.9 , at the edit questions stage I get the error message, 'You must be a survey owner to perform this operation.'

Any suggestions on how to rectify this?

cheers,
Andy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Kirk

Re: Questionnaire - you are not survey owner

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sounds like you are trying to edit a public questionnaire in a course that isn't the course where it was created.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Andy Kirk -
Hi Mike,
I am trying to create a new questionnaire in a course, but am not able to progress beyond the edit questions stage

Andy
In reply to Andy Kirk

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Andy,
Are you sure you are using the correct version of Questionnaire for your Moodle version (i.e. 1.9) ?
When you say you "cannot progress beyond the edit questions page", does this mean you can edit questions or not?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Andy Kirk -
Hi Joseph,
when I hit Edit questions, I get the message,
"you must be survey a owner to perform this operation"
We are actually on Moodle 1.9.2. We are on a hosted site and as far as I know would be using the questionnaire for 1.9.
If for example we were using an earlier version of questionnaire could this be the likely cause of the problem?

cheers

Andy
In reply to Andy Kirk

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You are using the latest version if when you view the questionnaire, editing questions is a tab.

The message you are getting typically means that you are trying to edit questions in a questionnaire that is not owned by the course you are in. In other words, the questionnaire you are editing is a 'public' questionnaire located in a course other than the one you are editing it in.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Andy Kirk -

Mike
I would say it is an edit button as opposed to the tabs you see when viewing a profile for example

Just to clarify, I am creating a new questionnaire and at the adding new questionnaire > define new content stage, I have no templates or public questionnaires to choose from anyway

cheers

Andy
In reply to Andy Kirk

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Andy,
You must really use the questionnaire version matching your Moodle version, otherwise you can run into problems. Please make sure you are using the 1.9 version of the Questionnaire module on your Moodle 1.9 site. See attached screenshots for verification on the Questions edit page.
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Andy Kirk

by Craig Eves -
Hi Andy

Was this problem resolved.

I am getting the same problem when creating a questionnaire - I think I am using Moodle 1.9 and by looks of screenshots 1.8 of questionnaire so an upgrade to 1.9 of questionnaire is required?

cheers

In reply to Craig Eves

by Joseph Rézeau -
I think I am using Moodle 1.9 and by looks of screenshots 1.8 of questionnaire so an upgrade to 1.9 of questionnaire is required?

Yes, you must use the version of Questionnaire which matches your version of Moodle. And this is true of any 3rd-party plugin you might add to your regular version of Moodle. You'd better be quite sure which version of Moodle you are using, by the way. Ask your admin, they should know.

by apex lee -

hi all, newbie here, how if i am using version 1.8 for moodle and Questionnaire, and still get the same error message "you must be a survey owner to perform this operation" ???? whats the problem?

In reply to apex lee

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hi apex,
Questionnaire is no longer maintained for Moodle 1.8, which is a very old version of Moodle anyway. I strongly advise to upgrade to Moodle 1.9.
Joseph

by apex lee -

Hi, Joseph

ok, il try to upgrade, thanks for your advice.

In reply to apex lee

by apex lee -

Hello Joseph,

wondering is it anyway to use questionnaire without upgrading moodle to version 1.9?

In reply to apex lee

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hello,
As I said in my previous post, Questionnaire for moodle 1.8 is really old stuff now, and no longer maintained. Questionnaire for moodle 1.9 has been largely re-factored, offering many more features. And, by the way, Moodle 1.9 is superior to 1.8 in many ways too.
Joseph