How do you control size of resource window when it launches in new window?

How do you control size of resource window when it launches in new window?

by . madea -
Number of replies: 0
Unfortunately, I am using moodle version 1.5.2, so that may have a bearing on the answer (if there is one). When a user clicks on a resource link, I have set the resource to launch in a New Window and, according to the instructions, left the fields blank. I had set the windows to open 800x600 but that was cumbersome. Leaving the size fields blank is supposed to open the new window the same size as the window it was launched from. Here's the (edited) instructions from the moodle: 1. Determine the size window you wish to open. If you leave these fields blank then the new popup window will be exactly the same size as the window they clicked on to get the popup. When I set the size to 800x600, the new window always launched as an 800x600 window. However, when the I leave the fields blank, the following happens: If the browser is IE, then the new window opens to the correct width(!) but the height is very, very small... The new window looks like a ribbon. If the browser is FireFox, then the new window opens correctly! In my opinion, this behavior should be the exact opposite: works perfectly in IE, but kludgy in FireFox. If that were the case, the prerequiste for the course would be: Must use an IE browser... Unfortunately, this is not the case... So, anyone seen this behavior? Any suggestions? Is there a workaround (besides upgrading to a more current version of moodle)? Thanks for your help... madea
Average of ratings: -