I am working for a company, that develops an application package to education institutes (high-schools, colleges, universities). The package contains a win-based application for secretaries and a web-based applicaton for other stuff-members and students.
We already have solutions for forums and also a platform to exchange data between students and teachers (based on the courses).
We want to expand the functionality to enable teachers to build full interactive courses (and maybe moore).
After look around we decided to check moodle.
And I have some questions to ask:
1. How much moodle is modular. Means: Did I have to include modules except core to work with?
2. It is possible to compile moodle php code with php .net compiler, then extend moodle with c# code?
3. How much moodle is skinnable?
4. It is possible to use some exisitng external database as a back-sorage for moodle?
5. The site is full of information. Where a developer (possibly with need of deep information) should begin?
Thanks in advance,