Restore of large courses failing - urgent help needed

Restore of large courses failing - urgent help needed

by Scott Cotterell -
Number of replies: 7

Dear all,

I am transferring courses between moodkle servers and am having difficulty when restoring large course basically anything over 32Mb. It errors with an ID parameter message.

Is there anyway around this. I am desperately trying to get our new moodle box ready for the new academic year and would love to get some urgent assistance in this matter.

with thanks

Scott

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Cotterell

Re: Restore of large courses failing - urgent help needed

by Ângelo Rigo -
So in your php.ini configuration is allowed more than 32MB por max_post_size and upload_max_filesize ?
In reply to Ângelo Rigo

by Scott Cotterell -
i havent changed the config. So should I alter the config file to increase the file size
In reply to Scott Cotterell

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes - the default is only 2MB. Make it bigger, see

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installation_FAQ#Maximum_upload_file_size_-_how_to_change_it.3F

You may also need to increase the maximum execution time and the amount of memory PHP can consume; restore is a big resource hog. See:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installation_FAQ#Fatal_error_allowed_memory_size_exhausted._How_do_I_increase_my_php_memory_limit.3F
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jesus Picornell Alsina -
Hello I have a similar problem, when I restore a course, the restore process stop when create course modules with a error like this: Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated ...
I have changed the parameters like says last message but the problem is not solved.
But if I install a moodle server in my personal computer using windows packages I can restore the course without problem.

Any idea? Thank you.

Jesus
In reply to Jesus Picornell Alsina

by Jesus Picornell Alsina -
Hello, I have changed the PHP configuration using cPanel in my web server (bluehost.com), now I am using PHP5 FastCGI and I can restore de course without problem.

Thank you.

Jesus.

by Neil Spurgeon -

Hi Jesus

I assume cPanel and PHP5 FastCGI are Linux tools since I've never heard of either - unfortunately I am using Windows and IIS but thanks for the info

Neil

by Simon Fraser -
Hi Jesus,

Followed your tip and it worked like a charm. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks