Databases: Unable to Login, No Users found in database

Databases: Unable to Login, No Users found in database

by delete myaccount -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

Our moodle installation has all of a sudden starting rejecting all log in attempts.
which includes administrator accounts.

When someone try's to log in they are returned the 'invalid username or password' error however if a user then attempts to reset their password via the 'help me log in' button and enters their username it returns an error claiming
"the username was not found in the database"
so the website currently thinks that no users exist for the website at all.

I have checked that the config file is pointing to the correct database with the correct login. i have also checked the database file itself using phpmyadmin and confirmed that all of the user accounts are still contained within.

As far as i can tell without being able to log in the website is continuing to function as i am still receiving the failed login notification emails.

no settings have been changed on the website for weeks this problem has just happened yesterday for as far as i can tell no reason.

our web hosting company aren't the greatest and haven't been able to offer any assistance.

if someone can provide any insight or possible solutions it would be greatly appreciated. if more information is required let me know.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to delete myaccount

Re: Databases: Unable to Login, No Users found in database

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Brett,

Just wondering whether the authentication plugin you were using has somehow been disabled? Perhaps the discussion No student can login after upgrade 1.7+ to 1.9+ can help you.
In reply to Helen Foster

by delete myaccount -
Thanks for the link unfortunately this is not the issue I am having.

No upgrade took place, no settings were changed and all users are set to manual authentication.

All I have been able to find is that the web hosting company rebooted the server approximately when the problem occurred I am trying to chase up any information as to why they did so and if anything occurred while they were rebooting.
In reply to delete myaccount

by Tobias Hamacher -
Hi,

we have got the same problem, all of the sudden no login was possible anymore, no updates or changes were made in prior.
Were you able to fix the problem??

Tobi
In reply to Tobias Hamacher

by Tobias Hamacher -
problem solved, server hdd ran full during backup process - cleaned up - login possible again lächelnd .

thanks