Different enrolment for each person?

Different enrolment for each person?

by Bill Mounce -
Number of replies: 2
I am getting ready to build a very large class, and one of the essentials is that each person have their own enrolment key (tied to their name) and that the enrolment key work for 365 days, regardless of when they enrol.

I am selling the class and I want a person to be able to start whenever they want, but their enrolment can only go for a year.

This must be a common issue. Has anyone found a solution?

Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Mounce

Re: Different enrolment for each person?

by Bill Mounce -
Hmmm. Looks like any enrolment will work, since I can set the number of days for the enrolment. So if I use PayPal the person is forced to pay and is automatically enroled for the nuber of days specified?

I guess my one question is, what happens when the days enrolment are done. I assume the person in unenroled, but do all his/her forum posts and comments stay? I want them to stay since I want the learning community to help build the site. Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Thanks.

Bill
In reply to Bill Mounce

Re: Different enrolment for each person?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Bill,
The comments stay with the course. Enrolment has to do with access to the course. Deleting a single student's activities could create real havoc. Ooops there go the pages Chris created in the Wiki. smile

As per PayPal, I am not really sure. But I would say, the person pays via PalPal and then is allowed to enrol for a specific number of days. Then when their enrolment does expires they are no longer enrolled in the course. PayPal has nothing to do with that. I assume they can re-enrol in the course which will involve PayPal and the process starts all over again.

Best Chris