Moodle documentation: Using templates to indicate that a topic may be incomplete

Moodle documentation: Using templates to indicate that a topic may be incomplete

by Ian Wild -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi All,

I've just been modifying the Accessibility Matrix in the Mathematics page of Moodle Docs (here)

The matrix is incomplete and needs expanding, so I was wanting to use some kind of "this section needs expanding" template...

Well, I couldn't find one so I took the liberty of quickly putting together an Expand-section template, as you can see on the Mathematics page. I appreciate it doesn't follow the "style" of Moodle docs - it was only an example.

I don't know who to ask, but would it be possible to add in templates for "expand section", "expand article", etc?

BTW: if you don't like my "expand section" template then feel free to take it out. I won't be offended smile.

Cheers,

Ian.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Wild

Re: Moodle documentation: Using templates to indicate that a topic may be incomplete

by Marc Grober -
Just like wikipedia ;=} Supa!
Ian... I have added page comments about the use of footnotes on that doc page that you might want to look at....

GoG
In reply to Ian Wild

Re: Moodle documentation: Using templates to indicate that a topic may be incomplete

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your suggestion of using templates to indicate incomplete topics, and for creating an expand section template. approve (By the way, there's no need to ask anyone before creating a new template.)

We actually have an expand article template called "stub". Please see All pages in the template namespace for the full list of templates used in Moodle Docs. Perhaps information on using expand section and expand article templates could be added to the guidelines for contributors to encourage their use.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ian Wild -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Helen & Marc,

Thanks for those comments. Thanks for the All pages in the template namespace link. I didn't know you could do that blush (I do know what I am doing, honest!).

There wasn't an expand section template, so I've made the one I did look just like the others.

I'm horribly busy at the moment trying to get other work completed before the end of the school holidays here in the UK, but if I get the chance in the next couple of days I will take a look at the Moodle docs for e-mail self-registration, the guidelines for contributors, and try and sort out the Mathematics page.

Cheers both,

Ian.