No student can login after upgrade 1.7+ to 1.9+

No student can login after upgrade 1.7+ to 1.9+

paul w - келді
Number of replies: 5

Hi everyone,

Recently, I have upgraded my moodel site from 1.7+ to 1.9+. The upgrade process is runing smoothly without error. I use my admin account to login moodle, it seems every is find then I ask some students to login, they no longer can login moodle, I got the message "Invalid login, please try again".

Searching all moodle forums, I can't find solution with my case.

After check with my conf & logs, I have following finding:

1. Password reset doesn't work.
2. I can successful login with those account which last access is "never". (those a/c was created long time ago before the upgrade)
3. I have tried to 1.7+ --> 1.8 --> 1.9, when I upgraded to 1.8, I have the same problem, no student can login moodle.
4. I got the error message from Apache error_log, it is ([Date] [error] [client IP] [client IP] http://domain/moodle Disabled Login: username .....)

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated... and I do appreciate your response.
Thanks to everyone!!

In reply to paul w

Re: No student can login after upgrade 1.7+ to 1.9+

Helen Foster - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Moodle HQ қатысушының суреті Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті Translators қатысушының суреті
Hi Paul,

Most likely you need to enable an additional authentication plugin. For more information, please see the FAQ about users not being able to login in Authentication FAQ.
In reply to Helen Foster

paul w - келді

Helen,

Thank you for your help.

Yes, it is the authentication methold had been set to "Email-based self-registration" in profile after upgrade. It should be "Manual accounts" for my site.

I have 800+ of users, How can I change this setting for the all users in phpmyadmin ?

Thnak you.

In reply to paul w

Mauno Korpelainen - келді

Select correct database, press tab SQL in phpmyadmin and run SQL query:

UPDATE mdl_user SET auth='manual' WHERE auth='email';

Press Go