How can I get report to not show all feedback

How can I get report to not show all feedback

از Judith Rutschman در
Number of replies: 13
Hi all,
we are coming (away) from a WebCT environment where the report feature only showed feedback for the response that the students gave unlike Moodle which displays all of the feedback for each question.
میانگین امتیازات:  -
In reply to Judith Rutschman

Re: How can I get report to not show all feedback

از Tim Hunt در
عکس Core developers عکس Documentation writers عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Peer reviewers عکس Plugin developers
This was something that changed in Moodle 1.9 because some people wanted it that way (MDL-10841). However, other people are unhappy at the change. It would be good if we could have a debate about it here, and reach a consensus. There is more in tracker issue MDL-14643.

So, please do discuss this issue here.
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Ray Lawrence در
Revert asap is my vote. I'd completely missed this change in 1.9.

This is such a significant change that impacts on many existing sites. If it's to be retained it needs an option of it's own.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

از Pierre Pichet در
I "totally" agree.
"If it's to be retained it needs an option of it's own" i.e add a new option to the quiz settings alongside the already review options (responses,answers, feedback etc.)
Pierre
In reply to Tim Hunt

از mark simpson در
I agree with Ray that we should go back to the way it was before. We have used the feedback facility very succesfully over the past year and our Moodle quizzes have had a real impact on student motivation and achievement. This would be seriously undermined if the feedback were to stay as it currently is.
In reply to mark simpson

از Tim Hunt در
عکس Core developers عکس Documentation writers عکس Particularly helpful Moodlers عکس Peer reviewers عکس Plugin developers
It is looking to me like the consensus is to revert the change, and then maybe re-introduce it as an option. However, it would be great to hear from more people first. I will probably do something about this next week.
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Ray Lawrence در
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a flurry of posts in response to this issue. Perhaps it's because of the upgrades taking place over the summer holidays (in the N hemisphere) and the realisation for many has yet to come.
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Carl Hodkinson در

Not noticed this either! Was psyching myself up to do the upgrade of our internal site from 1-8 to 1-9 in the next few weeks mixed. As practically all our courses (HR, soft skills-type) use quizzes as part of the learning process, I think I might wait a while to see what happens.

"it would be great to hear from more people first"

From my point of view, I would prefer it if the feedback was only given for the response the learner made as it fits in more with our learning strategy. Having the option seems a good compromise, however if "give feedback for all responses" is the default option, I will be changing it!! smile

In reply to Tim Hunt

از Judith Rutschman در
I'm a professor contributing to the forum via the Rutschman account.  I strongly urge you to give us back the option to just provide the student with that selected feedback that corresponds to the student's actual choice.  It is distracting and, I think, "impersonal" to see the canned feedbacks to everything.  If indeed there are some who had wanted this "see it all" approach, then by all means give it to them, but as an option.  If, though, it's an either/or situation, I trust the consensus will be in favor of the selected response version.  Thanks.  Terry Hill
In reply to Judith Rutschman

از Tim Hunt در
OK, I reverted the change, so if you download Moodle 1.9.2+ weekly tomorrow, it will be back to the 1.8.x behaviour. Also note that the original change to the code from MDL-10841, which you can see from the version control tab in the tracker (http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/question/type/multichoice/questiontype.php?r1=1.25&r2=1.26) only changed one line of code, so if you want to undo just that change by hand, it is easy to do .
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Deb Burdick-Hinton در
Thank you Thank you! This would have caused us to NOT upgrade to 1.9. Showing all feedback no matter what multiple choice is selected, totally defeats the purpose of individualized customized feedback for our use. We have 1.9.2+ up and running and all is well!
In reply to Tim Hunt

از Judith Rutschman در

Tim,

This is Terry Hill (prof) writing again from Judith Rutschman's account ----- our IT people have just installed the reversion package and it works beautifully!  Thanks a million.

In reply to Tim Hunt

از Teresa Gibbison در
This is me (trying to be 'more people')!!!

I am very pleased to see our latest pull of 1.9.2 has the reverted code that only displays the feedback for the selected option. We have had several lecturers complain about having the feedback on all of them.

Some of the quizzes in our site encourage students to 'self-test' themselves to see where they are. The feedback provided on each option tells them what they need to concentrate on when reviewing the material. Lecturers are not happy that the feedback is shown which essentially 'gives away' the answer so students don't go away and do more research.

Cheers
Teresa