Quiz Results not showing - Help

Quiz Results not showing - Help

Xenothan Hojem -
回帖数:15

Hi...

We are using the latest moodle version 1.9.2 and are running into an interesting problem.

We have installed it on both Apache/MySQL and IIS/MSSQL 2005

When we create a quiz (Last Attempt, Unlimited Attempts), and someone completes the quiz this is our dilemma

On the Mysql version all is fine, we see number of attempts and then are able to view those attempts

On the MSSQL 2005 version, we can see the attempts but when we click the attempts/view results it says "Nothing to Display"

If we change the question type to Average Attempts it works, or if we set the attempts to the number of attempts taken, it works?

Any Ideas.

平均分:Useful (1)
回复Xenothan Hojem

Re: Quiz Results not showing - Help

Tim Hunt -
Core developers的头像 Documentation writers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像
The quiz reports were change a few months ago to make them more efficient, and to make all the display options work properly. Of course, that is not much of an improvement if we have broken it on MSSQL server. Sorry about that. I am sure it is fixable, but only if I can get a test environment set up. I could not find an existing bug report, so I created MDL-16019. If you have a tracker login, you may wish to start watch that bug.
回复Tim Hunt

Xenothan Hojem -
Thanks Tim

Appreciated.

Is there perhaps an older version of the files that I could use for now, until the patch/bug is resolved?
回复Xenothan Hojem

Tim Hunt -
Core developers的头像 Documentation writers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像
Well, you would have to sort out the changes related to the quiz reports from the other changes in the quiz and the rest of Moodle. If you can sort it out, then yes, it should be possible to just undo the report changes. However, it would be a bit tricky.

Do you have a test set-up where you can try things out without screwing up your production system? If so, the first thing to try might be just taking mod/quiz/report/overview/report.php from 1.9.0 and using that with the rest of your 1.9.2 install. I have no idea whether this would work though.
回复Tim Hunt

Xenothan Hojem -

Hi Tim

Thanks for the info, we will give it a try, and yeah we have a test setup

回复Xenothan Hojem

Xenothan Hojem -

Hi Tim

Used 1.8.6 report.php and worked great!

Thanks!

回复Xenothan Hojem

Jamie Pratt -
Hi Xenothan and others,

Wonder if someone could see if the latest version of the overview report in Moodle 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 works on Moodle running with a MSSQL db?

Please see MDL-16019 and comment there.

Thanks,

Jamie
回复Jamie Pratt

smrithi puli -

I have a similar problem as mentioned in the http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-16019

But I am unable to understand where the CASE has to be removed as mentioned in the above url.

Please help!

Thanks

回复smrithi puli

Tim Hunt -
Well, upgrading to the latest version is the best way to get the fix.

However, if you want to manually take just this fix, I think the change was made while fixing MDL-15198. You can get the canges from the version control tab of that bug. I think the key changes are http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/mod/quiz/report/overview/report.php?r1=1.98.2.42&r2=1.98.2.43
回复Tim Hunt

smrithi puli -

The changes made in the MDL-15198 (checked the changes in the patch at http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/mod/quiz/report/reportlib.php?r1=1.1.2.18&r2=1.1.2.19&view=patch) are already made in my file.

One more thing to notice here is in MDL-15198, the affected version is 1.9.1 and the fix is 1.9.2 which I am using at present. So the fix available in MDL-15198 is already there in my version 1.9.2.

Where as in MDL-16019, the affected version is 1.9.2 which is my version and the fix version is 1.9.4 which I am not using.

Correct me if I am wrong, when the changes are already done, then why is that MDL-16019 was created and if the changes were done in version 1.9.2, why is that this is not working  伤心

Please help!

回复smrithi puli

Tim Hunt -
I think that MDL-16019 was just marked as fixed between 1.9.3 and 1.9.4, but if your read Jamie's comment, he seems to be saying that 16019 is already fixed becuase of other changes, so he is just closing the bug now. My search in CVS history seemed to show that MDL-15198, was the changes that fixed it.
回复Tim Hunt

smrithi puli -

The changes in 15198 are already there in our files, then why is that the attempts not working. Please check the file mod/quiz/report/reportlib.php where the changes as mentioned in http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/mod/quiz/report/overview/report.php?r1=1.98.2.42&r2=1.98.2.43&diff_format=h

Then why is it still having issues mentioned.

回复smrithi puli

smrithi puli -

The fix mentioned in http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-15198 is already there in 1.9.2 which we are using right now.

My issue of quiz attempts not showing up when the attempt is one is not yet resolved. I think this is related to the http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-16019 and but this points to MDL-15198 which may not be correct because MDL-16019 says that the fix here is available in 1.9.4 and the fix of MDL-15198 is available is 1.9.2.

I need to know the changes being discussed in in MDL-16019 are in which file of Moodle..

Appreciate your response

回复smrithi puli

smrithi puli -

Anyone!

Please help!

回复smrithi puli

smrithi puli -

Tim,

I guess you can help.... please look into this.. Its a bit urgent!

回复smrithi puli

Tim Hunt -
The only changes made for MDL-16019 are the ones made for MDL-15198. The fact that MDL-16019 is marked as fixed for Moodle 1.9.4 is probably just a reflection of when Jamie added is commend and closed the bug.

Have you turned on Debugging? are you getting a specific error message that points to the problem?