people block

people block

by Anna Fusté -
Number of replies: 7
hi,
i'm trying to show a list of all users in my moodle (including teachers and students), but the people block in the first page only shows one student.

I don't know if it's a role problem or what...

do you know what I have to do? or any other way to show all users?
thanks,
anna.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Fusté

Re: people block

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Anna,

Just wondering what version of Moodle you are using? I seem to recall there was a bug relating to using the people block on the front page which was fixed in Moodle 1.9.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Anna Fusté -
hi Helen,
I'm using moodle 1.9.
At the moment I only have 10 people in there.
But only one student apears on the list. I can't understand it cause I have more people with the student role and included in diferent courses...

thanks for the attention
anna
In reply to Anna Fusté

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Anna,

I found the bug I was thinking of - MDL-12895. It was fixed in Moodle 1.9.1. However, it refers to all users being shown as participants, rather than only one. thoughtful

Just wondering whether your user policies settings (in Administration > Users > Permissions > User policies) have default values, or whether you have changed any of them?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Anna Fusté -
Helen,
my user policies settings have default values.

I'm kind of lost... I don't know how Moodle Tracker works... Are there solutions to the bugs?
I don't know what I have to do...

however,
thanks for the help.
anna

In reply to Anna Fusté

by Helen Foster -
Hi Anna,

The fix for MDL-12895 is to upgrade to 1.9.1 (or later). Are you able to do so?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Anna Fusté -
Hi Helen,

If I upgraded to 1.9.1, all my changes in the theme and structure would stay the same? It worries me...

Do you know any diferent solution? something to do with the code or with the roles...?

anna

In reply to Helen Foster

by Anna Fusté -
Hey Helen,
The roles were wrong. Now I can see all the students, but not teachers or admins...