Date language error

Date language error

by Bruno-Pierre Carrier -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I have translated the whole certificate language file to French, the whole calendar language file to French and am still getting the following message as an introduction to the certificate and getting the date in English on the certificate:

Vous avez reçu votre certificat le:
Sunday, 27 July 2008, 08:00

Since it's a certificate for learning French, I can't really have the date in English smile

I have researched on the forums any clue as to answers to this problem and I haven't found anything that related to my specific problem.

Chardelle, would you know any answer to that problem?

Thank you!
Bruno
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruno-Pierre Carrier

Re: Date language error

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the report!!

Printing dates in the user's language doesn't rely on the certificate lang files, it is a global Moodle function. I was missing that in the code. While I'm at it I am going to fix up a few other things, so it will be awhile until it is fixed in cvs.

If you need the fix now, you can replace the code for this function in your certificate/lib.php file.

/************************************************************************
* Returns user information about issued certificates -- used for index and review.*
************************************************************************/
function certificate_get_issue($course, $user) {
global $USER, $certificate;
if (record_exists("certificate_issues", "certificateid", $certificate->id, "userid", $user->id)) {
$issue = get_record("certificate_issues", "certificateid", $certificate->id, "userid", $user->id);
}
return get_record("certificate_issues", "certificateid", $certificate->id, "userid", $user->id);
}