Glossary hyperlink with other resources

Glossary hyperlink with other resources

by Juan Emilio Fuentes -
Number of replies: 6
Dear collegues:
I want to include glossary hyperlink with the lessons and other resources. I activated in the Administration->Configuration->Filters the Glossary Auto-Linking and Modules->glossary->Settings the option glossary_linkbydefault to yes.
Now the glossary doesn't work and the course that I was preparing have problem in some parts.  I receive the message:
 Fatal error: Cannot redeclare glossary_dynamic_link() in C:\Archivos de programa\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\moodle\mod\glossary\filter.php on line 9
Could you give me an advice to solve this problem?.
I am working with 1.3.3 version, but I have the same results with the 1.3.1 Configuración/Settingsversion.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Emilio Fuentes

Re: Glossary hyperlink with other resources

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi, Juan Emilio,

do you have any PHP accelerator installed in your server? Try deactivating it.

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
This is an important issue for me.  I use the glossary heavily and we are upgrading our server shortly with a php accelerator.   Does this mean some accelerators conflict with Moodle plugins?    Do you have any other experience with conflicts?
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Don,

in the past, some issues have been confirmed in this forums about using php accelerators with Moodle. Some time ago I tried Turk MM Cache in my test server and I got the same error. sad

The good news is that
IonCube PHP Accelerator seems to work fine with Moodle. smile I haven't confirmed it (no Mac version), but you can find more info about it this forums:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9196
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4076

Ciao smile

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks, Eloy.  That is good news.  We are planning to use IonCube on a Linux server.

by Juan Emilio Fuentes -

No Eloy I don't have any php accelerator installed.

Thnak you,
Juan

by Juan Emilio Fuentes -
Hi, Eloy, you were rigth. I had the TurckMM accelerator  and when I deactivative it, the problems dessapear. Thanks a lot, Juan