Course creation fails when two entries for one course

Course creation fails when two entries for one course

Bởi Richard Webb -
Số lượng các câu trả lời: 0
I have been using Iñaki's excellent mod for database enrollment to create my courses for a year now. Today I an into a problem which may have existed before but I didn't catch it (because I'm more sophisticated now nháy mắt.

I have deployed the module so it creates the category and subcategory (if necessary) for a class and creates the class if it doesn't exist. It assigns the teacher and populates the shortname, longname, idnumber, and summary for the course. About the only option I don't use is the option of a course template. It works PERFECTLY for most classes, saving me countless hours of work (I used to type in each class by hand, one at a time!).

But, of course, I wouldn't be writing if it was all peaches and cream. We have a handful of team-taught courses. To assign both teachers I simply made two entries for the course, one with one teacher and one with the other teacher. It seemed to me that this would work great--the first teacher to log in would create the course and when the other teacher logged in, s/he would be added as a second teacher. I was wrong. The classes for these team-taught classes simply were not created. I ended up deleting one instance for each class from the database, logging in as the teacher that was remaining (which created the course and assigned that person as a teacher), changing only the teacher's username for the database entry, then logging in as the other teacher. This method gave the desired result, so the problem is not in the population of the database fields, but must lie with having two entries for the same course.

Is this a known limitation that needs a work-around such as I described, or is it something that can be rectified? Since there were only a handful of courses with this situation, I have followed the procedure outlined above to successfully create the courses, but it is something I would appreciate a clarification on before the next semester begins.

Thanks,

Richard
Trung bình điểm đánh giá: -