Moodle for more than one class?

Moodle for more than one class?

by Mark Hamilton -
Number of replies: 2
I teach three different social studies classes. How can I set up a seperate moodle page for each one? My school controls the Admin. rights to moodle, so they had to set me up...I just can't get multiple courses set.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hamilton

Re: Moodle for more than one class?

by Marc Grober -
It would be helpful to have some additional information and explanation.

• What do you mean by "I just can't get multiple courses set?"
  • What do you mean by "Moodle page"? Have you read the docs on Moodle courses?
  • Why don't you ask the admin to make you a course creator (you can search in the docs regarding the coursecreator role) so that you can create your own courses.
  • If all three classes are the same course you may want to look at using groupings within one course (see docs for info on groups and groupings) This way you would only have to really manage one class vis-a-vis assignments etc, while being able to group students by what one might call sections (at least that was the language used at university back when I was going to classes

In reply to Mark Hamilton

Re: Moodle for more than one class?

by Gregory sheath -

Hi Marc,

Are you wanting to use the same course for each class but keep assignments forums grades etc separate, in which case use groups.Each clas is a separate group within the same course.

Hope this helps

greg