Trying to install: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected

Trying to install: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected

by Miguel Damiani B. -
Number of replies: 6

Just beginning the Moodle 1.9.2 installation it gives me this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /hermes/web08/b274/pow.mistiano/htdocs/e-learning/lib/adminlib.php on line 3517

I have created the data base and the file…but it just doesn’t care. I thing it’s a php problem, but I don’t know how to solve it.

Can somebody help me please?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miguel Damiani B.

Re: Trying to install: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected

by Richard Enison -
In reply to Richard Enison

by Miguel Damiani B. -

Ok. I understand. So I’m deleting 1.9.2+ which seems to be the problem, and installing the 1.9.2 I’ll let you know later how goes everything.

Thank you.

In reply to Miguel Damiani B.

by Richard Enison -
MDB,

Actually, if you read the first comment or two in the tracker issue and the post after the one I linked to in the thread, you will see that all you had to delete was the word "public". Also, 1.9.2+ has been fixed so you should be able to use that again. I'm just not sure whether the version at download.moodle.org is the corrected one or just the CVS version.

I just visited that page, and it says the last build was less than 6 hours ago, so I would guess it is the corrected version.

RLE

by Miguel Damiani B. -

OK, thank you very much for your interest helping me. My English isn’t  good…so instead of trying to understand what you were telling me (that now I see that was very simple), what I got clear was that I won’t have this problem with 1.9.2 version, so I deleted 1.9.2+ and had installed 1.9.2 instead, and the installation was very, very clean. It’s working now. Thank you very much.

by n/a n/a -

I got the same error. I looked at the link given above, but I don't understand where I need to delete the word "public" to fix the error.

In reply to n/a n/a

by n/a n/a -

Sorry, I actually got a slightly different error: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\...\moodle\config.php on line 125" but I don't know how to fix it.