According to Arthur Andersen, "ease of use"/navigation is the first reason (74%) what makes a person want to come back after to use a website. User should easily find options for login and logout a website. Most sites use the same module to enter and exit. Login block of moodle dissapears after user is logged.
I built a block that provides login and logout options. It has two states: the first is like to standard login block, but when user is logged, it shows a second state that displays the following information:
- Greeting: Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening is displayed in block header.
- User full Name: click to go to the user's profile.
- User's image.
- Logout Button: click to exit moodle.
- Update Profile: click to go to the user data in edit mode.
- Last login: shows date and time of the last user login. It is different from the last access to the server (showed in user profile).
How to install
- Download and unzip login_logout.zip file: http://www.ing.uc.edu.ve/~ldesousa/login_logout.zip
- Copy login_logout folder to http://yourmoodlesite/blocks/
- Copy login_logout/lang/en_utf8/block_login_logout.php file to http://yourmoodlesite/lang/en_utf8/ folder. Spanish users should also to copy login_logout/lang/es_utf8/block_login_logout.php file in moodle_data/lang/es_utf8/ folder. Instead, you can translate english strings and moodle will create the file in your language folder.
- Login as Administrator and click on "Turn editing on" button
- Add "Login_Logout" block in your frontpage (if standard login block is added, remove it)
- Select a good position for your new block and move it.
Luis De Sousa
IMYCA - Facultad de Ingeniería
Universidad de Carabobo