Importing multiple pages into Wiki

Importing multiple pages into Wiki

by Edgar R. Weippl -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

how would you do this?

I have ~100 HTML pages (with a total of 200 images) that I would like to import. The links within the Web pages are all relative.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks!
Edgar.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edgar R. Weippl

Re: Importing multiple pages into Wiki

by Riaan Bredenkamp -
Hi
I have aprox 200 html pages .... Did you come up with a clever way to do this? I was thinking that a clever script could load the files into MySql...

Let me know
Riaan

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is this something you really want to do in a wiki? Or is this just to import an HTML structure as a resource?

You can easily upload an HTML structure as a zip file using the file functions, unzip the file to a course directory, and then add the main file of the structure as an 'uploaded file' resource.

If you need it as a wiki, I need to look further into it.

mike

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Currently, if you specify a file as initial content when you create or edit the wiki, all of the files in the same directory as that file are also read into the wiki. However, at present, the wiki engine only looks for files using CamelCase convention for filenames.

Also, wiki files are really expected to be flat text files that may contain HTML formatting. I'm not sure that full HTML files will work (that is, files with <HTML> and <BODY> tags).

mike