exporting Moodle users to excel sheet

exporting Moodle users to excel sheet

by Michael Busch -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,

every year we need to delete about 150 Moodle users from the user database. This needs a lot of time since in Moodle we can only delete one user after the other.

We would like to export all users (incl. password, mailaddress etc) to Excel or some other PC-application in order to speed up the deletion process. Next we would delete all users in Moodle and finally import the remaining users from the excel sheet.

However, we haven't found out how to export users. Does anyone know a way to do this or is there an easier way to delete users in Moodle 1.8?

Thank you for help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Busch

Re: exporting Moodle users to excel sheet

by Mark Berthelemy -
Hi Michael,

You might find it easier to upgrade to Moodle 1.9 - as there is a Bulk User page which lets you select a set of people all in one go and then choose what you want to do with that set, eg. Delete, Download (as Excel), Send Message etc

However, before you do that, can I ask why you need to delete people each year?

Mark
In reply to Mark Berthelemy

by Van yk -
I've just added 1000 user with the incorrect name. My moodle is not 1.9 version. How can I delete them all?
Thanks.
In reply to Mark Berthelemy

by Jeff Wood -
Michael,

I have tried the bulk user option but noticed that passwords are not included. Is there any way to export ALL user data including passwords?

Jeff
In reply to Jeff Wood

by John McReynolds -

Same issue... moving names from a sandbox server to the real thing...  No passwords come across.  Is there a switch that can be set???

jgm

In reply to Jeff Wood

Exporting Moodle users to excel sheet

by Thomas Ladegaard -

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Thanks. Thomas Ladegaard

In reply to Thomas Ladegaard

Re: Exporting Moodle users to excel sheet

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Thomas,

A workaround would be to export the user table directly from the database as Excel sheet, e.g. using phpMyAdmin (http://www.phpmyadmin.net ), and re-importing it the same way. I haven't actually tried this yet, so first try this on a development installation.

You might also find some pointers at Import and export FAQ.

hth
Frank
In reply to Michael Busch

by Vanessa Carswell -

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Import_and_export_FAQ#How_do_I_export_a_list_of_users.3F

This worked perfect for me..Exported all user data to an excel doc

In reply to Vanessa Carswell

by Alexander Poroshin -

But it worked perfect for you only! The question was about ALL users data downloading INCLUDING passwords. But the linked docs don't answer the question, alas!

I need, e.g., to download all the users from 1-st  system and upload this file to 2-тв one. Why? I have the mirrow systems and would like users to be registered themselves once in 1-st moodle only. Then Ill be ready to transfere their accounts to another system. How to do this?