MSSQL

MSSQL

by Jay S -
Number of replies: 8
Any one get this module installed on a system using MSSQL?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay S

Re: MSSQL

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

the feedback-module should run without problems. If you have any please tell me.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Jay S -
Hello Andreas,

I'm having issues with the Feeback module.

Works fine
LAMP
Moodle Version: Moodle 1.8.4+
Feedback Version: 2007102703

Doesnt work
Windows 2003 and MsSQL
Moodle Version: Moodle 1.8.3
Feedback Version: 2007102703

Basically the following tabs don't show up: overview, edit questions, templates, analysis, and show responses. Therefore no buttons appear for the Feedback activity.

During the installation of the block, everything installed correctly. Furthermore the table and table data appear to be fine.
In reply to Jay S

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Jason,

I did assume that you are using moodle 1.9, sorry sad.
Please switch the debug mode on and tell me what is showing up while you view the feedback. Perhaps we can it make working.

Andreas

by Jay S -
Weird thing is it works if: I install, Logout, and log back in. Without the logout, it is broken.
In reply to Jay S

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Jason,

does the feedback now run on mssql? Was the failure only after the installation before you did logout and login again?

Andreas

by S C -

Andreas,

I am a fairly new user for moodle. And I was able to install this to moodle running on MSSQL without any problems.

I do have one question: the "home" button is not visible when I am in the "feedback" related pages, any reason why? I have to use the browser back feature or use the URL for my main page to get back from the "feedback" pages to my main site.

Thank you for a great future and thanks in advance for your time,

Sudhindra

by Carlyon Russell -
Hi Andreas,

I have installed the feedback module in Moodle 1.8.5 running in Windows. When students who are course creators on the system access the module their view allows them to modify the questions etc, which is not desirable.

If their profile is just that of a student there is no problem.

How can this be resolved?
In reply to Carlyon Russell

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Carlyon,

in the feedback for moodle 1.8.x coursecreators have by default editing capability.
You can override this permission.
Go to "Site Administration->Users->Permissions->Define roles". There you can change the global setting for the coursecreator-role.

Andreas