Is it possible to give user control for Glossary hyperlinks?

Is it possible to give user control for Glossary hyperlinks?

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, all:

One thing that I found it's a bit annoying is that throughout this Moodle site, when a page consist of some technical terms, it will automatically provide a hyperlink which could lead to the glossary page. At the very beginning I did find it's kinda cool but then I found that even some very simple terms such as "download", "URL", "FTP" and so on will be provided a hyperlink which is, IMHO, a bit redundant and can become distracting. For the current implementation of moodle, is it possible to have student control or teacher control to disable this feature, or maybe be more flexible about the hyperlinks that will be provided for further explanations? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: Is it possible to give user control for Glossary hyperlinks?

by André Krüger -
Picture of Core developers
Hello,

you can control control hyperlinks as follows:

1. enable linking filter in admin section for the whole site
2. enable linking for individual glossaries
3. enable linking for each concept

That means, when you  disable one off  this,   hyperlinks will  not work  on whole site, glossary or concept.
When glossary is enable for students, they can control that themself for each concept.

Hope this help. 
In reply to André Krüger

by N Hansen -
Another option, although this would have to be programmed in Moodle itself, is to change it so that only the first time the term occurs on a page it is linked to the glossary. This is how we have a similar feature set up on a website I edit. It does become a bit redundant if a certain term is used over and over and it gets linked over and over in a single message.
In reply to André Krüger

by Anne Nicolson -
I'm going to tackle this issue tomorrow. Can you tell me where you activate the linking for each concept?  smile