My move to Australia

My move to Australia

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As I think I have mentioned before, I am moving to Australia for a year to work for Martin at Moodle HQ. Today is my last day of work at the OU for about 13 months. I will be mostly off-line for the next week, first while I move out of my flat, and then while I sit on a plane to Perth. I start working at Moodle HQ on Monday 11th August.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: My move to Australia

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Safe travelling Tim! Looking forward to you joining us at Moodle HQ. smile
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Art Lader -
Hope your flight is smooth and easy and uneventful, Tim. Enjoy Australia!

-- Art
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Julian Ridden -
Welcome to the Land Downunder mate!

Pity your in Perth. You will need to make sure you come to the Real Australia over in Sydney rather than the Rural cities big grin

P.S. This is to be considered friendly ribbing between east and west coast inhabitants. And we all know that the east coast is better wink
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Mark Drechsler -
Welcome Tim!

Unfortunately Julian forgot to mention that there is a place between the East and West coasts called 'South Australia' - but people from the East coast tend to forget that there is any land West of Melbourne at all, so don't take it personally ;)

Safe travels,

Mark.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Just H -
You'll never want to go back Tim!

Just a friendly correction to Julian's post though, I believe he meant Melbourne not Sydney (those people north of the border tend to have delusions of grandeur wink)

Have a safe trip.
H
In reply to Just H

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Oh dear, what have I started >;)

Anyway, after a really long, tiring weekend moving everything out of my flat and cleaning it thoroughly, I have now got as far as London, where I am staying with my parents for a few days before I get on a plane on Wednesday.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
All the best, Tim,
Have a safe journey and enjoy your year "down under".
Joseph