Opening executables from within Moodle

Opening executables from within Moodle

by Scott Karren -
Number of replies: 1
Hello, don't know if this is the appropriate forum for thisquestion or not, but it seemed the most logical.

First some background.  I collaborated with our IT department and created duplicates of the internal applications that we use.  The purpose in this was to be able to teach people how to use the apps without messing up the live data. Employees can use every function, feature, and un documented bug in the apps.  Along with this I have started designing courses in moodle to supplement F2F instruction on these apps.

Now the question.  In designing these courses I would like to take advantage of the training apps to create some real cool hands on exercises and assignments.  Is is possible to open an executabel from within Moodle?  The apps are server based and do not require a client installation, so I was thinking I could create a link to them but I am not sure it would work.  Any ideas?

Scott Karren
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Karren

Re: Opening executables from within Moodle

by Gustav W Delius -
If the application you are talking about is accessed from a browser via a URL then yes, you can simply create a link to it. Why don't you just try it?