URGENT!!! How to change back from External enrollment to Internal Enrollment?

URGENT!!! How to change back from External enrollment to Internal Enrollment?

by Rey Ong -
Number of replies: 4
What I did:

Inside the external enrol screen, I emptied the text box of localuserfield and remoteuserfield to have a test out.

It ended-up that, FATAL ERROR and because I set it connect to External Database, so even my ADMIN login failed to access and change the setting.

Anyone here please help me to suggest how to solve this?

I got backup on moodle directory files.

Can anyone tell me which folder to replace in order to change back to INTERNAL enrollment?

My thanks first to all those who can help me to solve this dire situation.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rey Ong

Re: URGENT!!! How to change back from External enrollment to Internal Enrollment?

by Jonathan Moore -
Enrollment settings shouldn't actually break authentication, but perhaps the fatal error is stopping the login process from happening.

You can fix this via the database backend. What you want to do is completely disable the external enrollment plugin.

I like to use phpmyadmin to access the Moodle database.

Look in the mdl_config table the name of the setting is
enrol_plugins_enabled

Edit the value list to remove the value database from the list of comma separated values, save, and you should be able to access your site again.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jonathan Moore

Re: URGENT!!! How to change back from External enrollment to Internal Enrollment?

by Rey Ong -
THanks for the antidote!!!

Can you show some coding example as I not well-verse with PHP.

Thanks a lot!
In reply to Rey Ong

by Jonathan Moore -
From command line something like the following should work.

mysql -u username -p moodle_db_name

UPDATE `mdl_config` SET `value` = 'manual' WHERE `mdl_config`.`name` ='enrol_plugins_enabled' ;

However I would suggest that you think about installing phpmyadmin separate and doing the search and replace from there. Its a lot easier you don't have to know any sql and its a little less likely you accidentally break something.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jonathan Moore

by Rey Ong -
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the syntax tips. I changed the table field you mentioned in MySQL and it worked. I was able to login as Admin to my site again.

Really thanks a lot!!!