Idea for a "major assignments calendar"

Re: Idea for a "major assignments calendar"

by Anthony Borrow -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Richard - I had given thought to using the MRBS block for this. My idea was to treat each class (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) as a Room and call the Area "Major Assignments/Tests". A teacher could then go in and reserve a time period for that day indicating they are giving a major assignment or test on that day. If a teacher goes in and see that there are already three other teachers from different disciplines (math, science, language, etc.) giving a major assignment then they should reschedule their assignment to another day. Ultimately the school opted to continue using a paper calendar rather than implement this; however, we did use the MRBS block for scheduling computer labs. So while it is not the perfect solution it may be helpful. I would be curious if Gary's patches allowed for a Moodle quiz to be a major assessment (in other words does it check for the bold tag in all activity names or just the assignment type?). One of the nice things about the MRBS block approach is that students can also view the calendar and it can be set up so that only teachers can modify it. The down side from what you were describing is that it is much more of a manual process and requires that the teacher take the initiative to check and enter their test on the calendar. I suppose you could do some work to report back. I even wonder if it would be possible to implement a combination of Gary's approach with the MRBS block. The teacher enters an assignment in bold and then gets feedback about how many other major assignments/tests there are for that day. In any case, I hope some of these ideas might be helpful to you. Peace - Anthony