Maybe wrong forum? Meta course help please

Maybe wrong forum? Meta course help please

by Clare Bushnell -
Number of replies: 1

Hello all,

I'm very desperately trying to setup a meta course example for some demonstration work, but I'm struggling to work out how I do it.  I'm trying to create a meta course like scenario 2 in the following:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Metacourses

I have a large course which is subdivided into smaller courses.  Enrollment would/should be to the 'parent course', and automatic enrollment willl then happen on each sub course.

How do I set this up? 
Am I required to create all of the individual courses first? 
Do I then set the one I want as parent as the meta course, or do I set each of the children as the meta course? 
Does enrollment take care of its self?  I.e. once the student is enrolled on the parent the child courses auto appear in the users course list?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clare Bushnell

Re: Maybe wrong forum? Meta course help please

by Angelo Anthony Agujo -
Dear Clare,

The documentation does specify two ways of doing this:
1. Create individual courses (not metacourse), then create one metacourse. This would be used, for example, when getting students from different sections (example PSYCHOLOGY 101 Sections 1 to 20) into a departmental site (PSYCHOLOGY Department site); OR

2. In scenario two of your link, create one individual course (not metacourse), then create multiple metacourses. This would be used, for example, when all five courses are intended to have exactly the same students.

In both cases, you can see students being enrolled normally into standard courses and then the entire student list of a course being added to the Metacourse.

The individual course/s must be created FIRST, as the course name is what you would use in the metacourse to enroll the users.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)