moodle treasure hunt?

moodle treasure hunt?

by trish sutherland -
Number of replies: 3

HI,

I have to take a staff development session in a weeks time, on elearning. I will have 45 mins only, and i'm to cover topics such as time management, giving feedback and asking questions. And it's to be done online. There will be approx 25 people there

Given the time restrictions I thought maybe doing some sort of treasure hunt would be good, maybe splitting them into teams and getting them to work together online, using forums to discuss their findings and asking questions and sorting out who's going to find what.

Thing is...I haven't got a clue how to set about doing it. Any ideas anyone? Most of the people involved will be fairly new to moodle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to trish sutherland

Re: moodle treasure hunt?

by Frances Bell -

Hi Trish,

I am probably missing your point but this sounds a bit like an Internet quest that might be likely to lead them out on to the Internet rather than looking at Moodle features.

Maybe you could use the USing Moodle site (although the volume may be a little scary). Here are 2 suggestions:

1.  You could Use Section 4 of USing Moodle and get participants to search for good models and activities (maybe you scope them in some way so they could use search forums).

2. You could use the resource that Art Lader initiated http://docs.moodle.org/en/The_Good_Teacher

In reply to Frances Bell

by trish sutherland -

Hiya Frances,

an internet quest! that's the idea exactly! Internet quest sounds so much better than a web quest.

So having got the name right, it's now obvious what i should do.

Split them into 5 groups. On moodle give the instructions, give them 10 different puzzles (hard ones, lateral thinking ones etc) and a discussion forum per group.

tell them to work in groups to solve as many puzzles as they can, discussing everything on their group forum, and the winning team has the most correct answers.

thanks!

In reply to trish sutherland

by Frances Bell -

No I think  that you were right first time.  I misunderstood what you wanted - thinking you wanted the teachers to learn about Moodle.

Web quests is what you want - try here http://webquest.org/index-resources.php

amd I agree about using Moodle to coordinate it.