Quiz shows a grade which is differnt from the grade book, please help

Quiz shows a grade which is differnt from the grade book, please help

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Translators

hello

we set a simple quiz with no Adaptive mode and no "Apply penalties" just one attempt to each student

a student got 84% in that specific quiz which is 27 correct question divided by 32

but when he or the teacher looks at the Gradebook it says 82% in that specific quiz. why is that .??

where can I fix it ?

and the opposite thing happened to-  a student got 57 in a quiz and when looking at the grade book he sees in that same quiz  (not the average of the quizzes) only in the same column of that quiz he sees 60.

hope you can help me

we are running for this moodle 1.9.1

Thanks

In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: Quiz shows a grade which is differnt from the grade book, please help

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I believe this is the same issue that I have been working with Miki on troubleshooting. If so, it appears that the teacher modified the value of the questions in the quiz by changing the grade (aka, mark) for the question from 1 to 0 so that some questions were not counted. When changing these, it is necessary to regrade the existing attempts so that the new calculations can take place and the gradebook get updated. I have suggested that a notice be given to the teacher when editing a quiz with existing attempts (watch/vote for MDL-15847). Peace - Anthony