Chameleon theme and moodle 1.9

Chameleon theme and moodle 1.9

by trish sutherland -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

we've just upgraded to moodle 1.9 and as part of the upgrade i decided to change the front screen a bit. I decided to use the chameleon theme as this allows us to change many aspects of the front page.

Our moodle is externally hosted.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how to change things though, as i sem unable to change anything at all.

can anyone help at all? i've been to the chameleon 'demo' site but stil don't seem able to do anything?

cheers

Trish

Average of ratings: -
In reply to trish sutherland

Re: Chameleon theme and moodle 1.9

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Check that theme/chameleon/config.php has a line

$THEME->chameleonenabled = true;

Setting this to true enables editing of the stylesheets. It is recommended to set this to false again once you're satisfied with your theme.

Check write permissions of files "user_styles.css" and "temp_user_styles.css"

Shift-click (keep keyboard shift key down and click with mouse left button) anywhere on the page to open a floating window showing all elements under the mouse...

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Chameleon

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by trish sutherland -

Thanks for your reply,

i'm not very familiar with moodle yet though, how do i do what you have suggeted?

In reply to trish sutherland

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Is that chameleon 'demo' site http://chameleon-theme.unodo.de/ ?

Login (chameleon - chameleon) and press shift key down and mouse left click somewhere over page. If nothing happens there's something wrong in your browsers settings. You should be able to change settings of theme with screens like this:

screen1

Try to click for example ul tag and change the properties and click Save Temp to test change and Save Server to permanently save changes.

If you select overview tab you should see something like

screen2

Press [edit] near the tag you want to change, make changes and save again...

To make changes on your server / moodle you need to have access to folder theme and files "user_styles.css" and "temp_user_styles.css" inside that folder. It depends on your host how those permissions can be changed - with cpanel, file manager, ftp program, commands (chmod...).