Jump links added

Jump links added

by Loren Winfrey -
Number of replies: 5
I have added a rough coded jump link systen to my weekly view. It is hard coded for each course and I added an include statement for ease of update.
My students like it so they don't need to scroll down 15+ weeks every time they go back to course view.

I have also added a to top link under the show all links.

You can see it at www.designatecc.com thenk go to the web database class and sign in as guest.

Please let me know what you think. If anyone has an idea as to how to make this dynamic, I would apprieciate it.

Loren
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Loren Winfrey

Re: Jump links added

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hmm looks pretty good ... shouldn't be hard to make it dynamic by counting the sections up top, but ... is there a reason the students aren't just using the "zoom" boxes? They also reduce scrolling.
In reply to Loren Winfrey

by Paula Edmiston -
I want this. Could you tell me how please? Thank you.
In reply to Paula Edmiston

by Loren Winfrey -

There are three files to edit and one to create.

In course/weeks.php you need to

•  add an include to bring in jump.php near line 108
  • add a named anchor near line 157
  • add an up to top link near line 200

Placement is critical due to php.

Then in header.html in your theme folder: find th BODY tag and after it add a top named anchor.

After this you need to create the menu, I have added my version, you will need to edit ti for the proper number of weeks and course id.

This should work, if you need help let me know.

Loren Winfrey