Uploading PowerPoint files to a lesson

Uploading PowerPoint files to a lesson

ໂດຍ Jenny Gainsford -
ຈຳນວນການຕອບກັບ: 6

I'm new to Moodle and really struggling!

Finally worked out how to create a lesson but when I'm uploading a powerpoint file it only gives me the title and not the content...

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jenny

ການຈັດອັນດັບສະເລ່ຍ: -
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Jenny Gainsford

Re: Uploading PowerPoint files to a lesson

ໂດຍ Chris Collman -
ຮູບພາບຂອງ Documentation writers
Hi Jenny,
I suggest you read Import PowerPoint in MoodleDocs. You are not alone. There are several threads in this forum that have lots of posts about importppt. It is definitely touchy. 'nuf said.

Some like to convert their PowerPoints to flash and present them that way.

Best Chris

ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Chris Collman

回复: Re: Uploading PowerPoint files to a lesson

ໂດຍ Claire Fu -

Hi Jenny,

I agree with Chris. There are many posts about how to upload PowerPoint to Moodle in this forum. If you upload the PowerPoint to moodle by save it as HTML, and then zip and upload it to moodle. It will lose the animations and transitions, masterslide of the PowerPoint.

I think the better way is convert PowerPoint to Flash with SCORM/AICC compliance and then upload the lesson to Moodle. It could keep the animations, transitions of the PowerPoint. There are some PowerPoint to Flash converters could help you, such as Adobe Presenter, Articulate Presenter and Wondershare PPT2Flash Professional.

Hope it helps!

Claire

ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Claire Fu

Re: 回复: Re: Uploading PowerPoint files to a lesson

ໂດຍ Bob Kaehms -
Hmmm... I'm just getting started with the lessons module, trying to work on
some math curriculum. I'd like to upload some existing powerpoints, but all
efforts are failing, including grabbing some reference ppts from other posts, that
"should" work. I've scanned the module, and have a fairly extensive background in PHP, but haven't spent a lot of time debugging. (using moodle 1.9+).

1) Are there any known bugs w/ this version that anyone has run across?

2) Is there an Open Office process equivalent, that doesn't require a purchase of
a ppt to flash converter? Open Office will do this, (convert to flash), but I don't think it is SCORM compliant. (Does anyone know).

3) Has anyone discussed an open office specific upload type? Generally speaking,
open office is easier to parse. I may be able to do this, but don't want to start if someone else already has.

Any thoughts/insight appreciated.
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Bob Kaehms

ໂດຍ Chris Collman -
ຮູບພາບຂອງ Documentation writers
Hi Bob,
Sounds like you have done your homework. Import_PowerPoint in MoodleDocs? You went to Tracker MDL-15755 and downloaded the sample files? Did you try them on demo.moodle.org to see if it was your site that had issues.

There are lots of things it will not do, in this instance we call them Billy things rather than bugs. Sometimes there are site issues, that is why you check the files against demo.moolde.

Perhaps you could tweak the importphp code to import a bunch of images and place them in branch tables from a zipped OOi web folder ຍິ້ມ i. e. throw out my hack which is there in Tracker (see below) and do something more ...hem...professional.

I have been politely suggesting an OO solution(s) as the place to start, not MS which everybody uses but changes all the time in very radical ways. I like the GIFT approach. Even convert Word to PPT works for me. I would like a simple matrix for import. Text or Images, inserted into Branch or Question pages, at this point. Trying to mix text and images seems to be difficult.

Tracker is a good place to search for bugs and potential improvements. See also MDL-10513 and MDL-5655.

There is a lot of interest in this but the interested don't have the required skills.

Best Chris
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Chris Collman

ໂດຍ Cameron Williams -

I found a pretty simple solution on Youtube (

).  Essentially it shows how to save and convert your PowerPoint presentation to Google docs (not sure how hard it is without a gmail account).  From there they provide an "embed" link which essentially puts your document within a set of iframe tags.  I tried this and it worked "straight out the box" as the video shows.  I don't see this listed as an option...are there any drawbacks to this?  It seemed to work out perfectly for our needs. 
Thanks.

Cameron

ການຈັດອັນດັບສະເລ່ຍ:Useful (1)
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Jenny Gainsford

Re: Uploading PowerPoint files to a lesson

ໂດຍ Robbie Rodgers -

I had the same problem, so I typed the name of my file into the "page contents" then I highlighted it and added a link to my Power Point File.  This action maintains the integrity of the Power Point.  I hope this helps for nowຍິ້ມ