Gradebook 1.9 Lessons and Maximum Grades

Gradebook 1.9 Lessons and Maximum Grades

by Mark Henderson -
Number of replies: 5

Whenever I use a Lesson, the 1.9 Gradebook defaults to a maximum point value of 100 points. Although I am able to change the Maximum Grade in the Update Activity page for this Lesson activity, the maximum possible still remains at 100 in the Gradebook. The Multiplicator changes relative to the Maximum grade set, and it looks like you could change it, but the changes will not stay set. This maximum point problem is a significant issue, because it throws off the relative weight of the Lesson compared to other assignments in the Gradebook. Anyone know how to work around this?

In reply to Mark Henderson

Re: Gradebook 1.9 Lessons and Maximum Grades

by Sheau Yun Choo -

I am having the same problem too with the Lessons always set to the default 100 in the gradebook, even though, while editing the Lessons, the set grade is a 4 or a 10 or 20.

Hoping for a solution....

In reply to Mark Henderson

by Matt Campbell -
I've got a tracker issue on this - MDL-12883 - that I'd appreciate any input on.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by rupert mackenzie -

I have just posted on this, the thing is it works fine for one of the totals but not for any other? That is, the category total sums the real scores from lesson and assignment. All others, the total is 100.

In reply to Matt Campbell

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
As I understand this issue, Petr Škoda wrote it so the Lesson always sets max grade to 100 but sets multiplicator as well. So the max grade should be fine. But for some reason, multiplicator does not seem to work in recent versions.
I have prepared a quick fix of this issue - see MDL-16355. I'm just waiting for some core guy to give me +1 to commit the patch.

In reply to David Mudrák

by rupert mackenzie -
I had the same problem and your fix for the lib.php file in mod/lesson/ worked a treat.

You wouldn't know how to stop a category total defaulting to 100 would you?

i have a discussion going in this forum on it (mostly with myself!)