HTML link to a popup from branch table page

HTML link to a popup from branch table page

by Tom Baer -
Number of replies: 1

I would like to have a Lesson page (probably a Branch Table page) with HTML links. (I am using HTML links because I want more control over layout than I would get than if I used the Branch Table buttons).

Q1) Is there a way that I can link to a Web page that can be edited within Moodle, or do I need to create an HTML page outside of Moodle and upload it as a file that can be accessed by the Lesson, but not editable from within Moodle?

Q2) If I want to make this a clean popup with no toolbars in the browser, is my only option to add Javascript code to turn to turn the toolbars off?

Thanks,

-Tom

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Baer

Re: HTML link to a popup from branch table page

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Tom,
Links can be tricky in a Lesson page's content area. Several people have played with them and have more current experience than myself.

Don't forget links to other Moodle activities and resources via an HTML link in a page's content. Q1) Some of these have edit features, Q2) some don't. This includes files that students normally are not able to see in the course's file structure.

In some versions of Moodle, it is possible to link to resources/activities located in other courses the student is enrolled in via an HTML link.

Hopes this helps a little, Chris