Branch table page shrinks too small when previewed

Branch table page shrinks too small when previewed

by Tom Baer -
Number of replies: 3

Hello all,

When I add an image to a branch table page, I have to add <br> or <p> tags to create vertical space to make the layout look right in the editor. But when I preview it in Internet Explorer, the page shrinks up too small (see attached). Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks,

-Tom

Attachment Previewscreenshot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Baer

Re: Branch table page shrinks too small when previewed

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Tom,
I have recently been doing battle with Moodle and IE myself, while my favorite Firefox browser does exactly what I want.

I suspect your problem also exists in other HTML formats within Moodle. Try to format an HTML Block with a 300px picture and see what happens with IE. So I would slide this off as a Theme Forum question. big grin However we do have some expert Lesson and Moodler tweakers around this Forum.

For sure, you will have to go behind the interface to get a fix. I had to play with the CSS files, where I am way over my head. In the /moodle/theme/standard folder there are css files for IE6 and IE7. I bet switching themes in your course will not help much with IE.

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Tom Baer -
Thanks Chris!  Your reply actually prompted me to try yet another solution, which seems to have worked. When you mentioned formatting the html with a 300px picture, I tried putting everything into a table and that has forced the page to be the appropriate size. I will also learn more about themes, though.
In reply to Tom Baer

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Tom,
Thanks for that tip. Very interesting. Now I will have to try that on my HTML block problem. I really like your trick because it is something that a teacher can do without having to 'bother' a site administrator.

IE presents some "unique opportunities" and I wonder where that belongs in MoodleDocs.

Best Chris