Adding our own survey -- Questions

Adding our own survey -- Questions

by Mohd Ehtesham -
Number of replies: 9
Hi,

Today morning we got a requirement to conduct a Survey through moodle. I looked into the existing one but here we don't have options to create our own question but a message is there it will be provided in future release. Instantly I looked on the forum and found many users like me looking for this feature. Somebody suggested to use questionaire which again I need to check it out.

My question is survey looks good and it seems it is officially meant for this purpose and included in the standard release form many versions. But why the options is not there to add our own survey?

Thanks,
Ehtesham
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohd Ehtesham

Re: Adding our own survey -- Questions

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The Survey module was never designed to allow you to create your own surveys, it was designed to provide a number of pre-prepared verified survey instruments for teachers to use.

see here for docs:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Survey_module

The Questionnaire module will do what you require.

thanks,

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Adding our own survey -- Where is questionnaire activity found?

by Joe Cape -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

All I need to do is have a yes/no survey which would preferably be attached to a single page within my topic but if this is not possible it will have to be listed as an extra element of the topic. I ran into the same problem that others have found in that there is no modification allowed of the survey module - I have looked for 'Questionnaire' under activities (I am using Moodle 2.0.1) but can't locate it.

Should I also just use a quiz? (Even thought it is a single yes/no question).

Thanks,

In reply to Joe Cape

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Jos- if you are using Moodle 2.0 then currently there is a feedback module you could use - you need to go to site admin and "open its eye" to enable it in plugins>activity modules. Questionnaire is a non-standard module so you won't find it in Moodle 2.0 -

In reply to Joe Cape

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Hi Jos, have you thought about using the Choice activity? It may work well if you are asking a simple yes/no question wink.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Marcy Wrege -

I also wanted to conduct a survey in my class. What I did was I used a quiz in essay form in order to conduct the survey. I it so that students couldnt see their grade (since there isn't one) and that the quiz does not count. This way I was able to ask my own questions to students in survey form. It has been working out very well for me.

In reply to Marcy Wrege

by Pragnesh Karia -

I am also seraching for the same , wanna build my own questions in survey module.

Is there any other way to add survey in moodle rather then using quiz as a survey?

Any one there please help?

by Roberto Donadoni -
to the op, as I've just replied to a similar thread, try and edit the file survey.php, it contains the questions which will show up when students take the survey, you can edit them as you wish...
In reply to Roberto Donadoni

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
just a word of warning (also posted elsewhere) this would only work if you only wanted one survey on your Moodle site or else everyone in all the courses used the same survey.