Do you save your instruction time via Moodle? (Experiment)

Re: Instruments for this experiment

by Juan Carlos Gutiérrez Ayala -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Laura:

I´ve read your research design and I enthusiastic about my collaboration in it. I would like to tell you that your theoretical foundations and its structure are focused from a very mature perspective that really saying- it´s a new area of development I would like to achieve at the best level possible. As I told you, I have been working in the technical aspects of communications and computer networks, and since more than three years and a half I collaborate in the Special Projects Dept. at my university as a system integrator for our distance learning programs.

I´ve assisted to Congresses, Workshops and read some books regarding pedagogy, distance learning, online support and web development. I would like to focus my job in systems integration for online and distance education, assessment and evaluation strategies. That´s why your research it´s very important for us.

The instruments for gathering data are interesting too. I need to know more about how to use them (or in which moment of the experiment).  Also, I would need if we have to make some changes to adjust the methodology of my courses in order to apply that instruments. During next week from Monday to Wednesday I will be working in the develop of materials, support web pages, reviewing exercises and projects for my students. It could be a good time to begin taking measurements of time invested in the course.

Let me talk with a researcher from the Centro de Desarrollo Educativo (Centre for Educational Development) to clarify with her certain doubts in the order of methodological procedures, and data analysis results that could be useful for us also. 

Regarding the phase called Operationalization of the experiment, how can we interact and collaborate? Which is your time frame, in order to adjust my calendar to the research?

Let me tell you more details of my groups.

Group A:

• Private University (http://www.leon.uia.mx)
  • Bilingual almost-.
  • Face to face class with online support.
  • Course: Systems for Transfer Information and Networks I
  • Previous experience with online support for courses: some.
  • Access to Computer at home: almost 90% of the students.
  • Access to Internet at home: almost 90% of the students.
  • Access to Computer at school: yes.
  • Access to Internet from school: yes.
  • Public access to computers or Internet (Cybercafe, Community Centre, etc.): yes.

Group B:

• Public University (http://www.itleon.edu.mx)
  • Spanish language only.
  • Distance Learning methodology using Moodle.
  • Course: Computer Networks I
  • Previous experience with online support for courses: none.
  • Access to Computer at home: almost 40% of the students.
  • Access to Internet at home: 30% of the students.
  • Access to Computer at school: yes.
  • Access to Internet from school: yes.
  • Public access to computers or Internet (Cybercafe, Community Centre, etc.): yes.
  • Notes: perhaps we have to translate the instruments to Spanish, or give more time for its completion.

I´ve talked with a colleague that has agreed to collaborate with us in the peer feedback support, and in this moment I´m beginning to analyze the discussion thread you sended.

I will begin my concept map to send it to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

JC.